When I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter, I scoured the internet trying to figure out what I needed to make parenting just a little easier. I was already a nervous wreck to become a mom, then trying to figure out everything I needed was fun, but also extremely overwhelming.
When I found out I was pregnant a second time, repeat the cycle. I thought I had everything I needed from my first, until I realized there was so much I was missing out on. So after hours upon hours of research, as well as my personal experiences with every one of these products, I can honestly tell you these are my top 10 must haves. (Everything is linked, just click on the name of the item!)
- Lollipop Baby Monitor– This product is hands down the top of my list. I wanted a monitor that I could access from my phone so when my husband and I were out on date night, I could still check in. This monitor has amazing privacy settings so I don’t have to worry as much about the creepy side of technology. It also has multiview, where I can see both girls’ cameras in one place. I can turn it into just a sound monitor, as well as be notified of any unexpected noises. Also, it’s super cute and comes in blue, pink, and lime green.
- Baby Bum Brush– This one sounds so crazy, but after using the Baby Bum Brush, I can’t imagine not using it. It helps to apply diaper cream effortlessly without getting it stuck under my nails or all over my fingers. When I asked my husband his favorite baby products, the first thing he mentioned as a must have was this brush. It’s that amazing. I keep one in my diaper caddy, one at my parents house, and one in the diaper bag all the time.
- JuJuBe Forever Backpack and The Honest Everything Diaper Bag– When I was thinking of my favorite diaper bag, I couldn’t just choose one! If you’re in the market for a backpack style bag, I highly recommend the JuJuBe Forever backpack. The leather is super stylish and what’s better is there is so much room inside to store all the things you need (especially now that I have two babes). I echo that sentiment with The Honest Everything bag. It is a tote style, so if you’re looking for something like that this is perfect. There is, again, so much room, but my favorite features with this bag are its built in wet-dry pouch, and two insulated pockets. These are both everything you could want or need in a bag.
- Joovy Nook High Chair- For my first daughter I used a high chair that just strapped onto my normal dining room chairs. The thought was there for me, but the execution was less than ideal. I always found myself needing that extra seat and, therefore, having to unstrap that seat and find a place for it. Not with the Joovy Nook! This time, I went with a traditional high chair and am so glad I did. This one is super stylish (and comes in five different colors, I chose black) and can be folded down at the press of a button to store anywhere. Up when we need it, out of the way when we don’t. Plus, it has a swing style tray, so I can do everything one handed, which is unbelievably convenient.
- Graco SnugRide 35 Click Connect Car Seat- If you’re looking for an affordable, yet amazing car seat, look no further. This seat is comfy, surpasses safety requirements, and just easily snaps into the base. Extra bases are also affordable so I can literally keep one in every car my daughter rides in. If you purchase the travel system, it easily clicks into the stroller, but if you don’t, most brands have adapters that fit the Graco brand.
- Project Nursery Soothing Projector Nightlight– We sleep train, so a good sound machine is vital in my girls’ nurseries. I, spur of the moment, grabbed an inexpensive one they had at Walmart and am now obsessed. Not only is it super affordable, it has multiple amazing sounds, can project several designs on the ceiling, has a nightlight for those dark rooms, and has the ability to be set on a timer. It’s by far a better sound machine than my more expensive one, and will be the only machine I use in the future.
- Pampers Pure Diapers– I am what you could call, a little bit of a diaper snob. When it comes to what is going on my baby’s bum, I want something that I know I can trust, both in ingredients and functionality. I’ve tried so many brands of diapers and nothing works as well as Pampers (I’ve used Pure and Swaddlers) for keeping my kids messes contained. Isn’t that the most important part of a diaper after all? Pampers pure, although a little pricey, are also hypoallergenic, free of chlorine bleaching, fragrance, parabens, and latex. Plus they’re cotton enhanced which makes them incredibly soft.
- Ryan & Rose Pacifiers- I only wish I knew about these sooner. They’re absolutely beautiful, double as a paci and a teether, and are CPSC certified (meaning they’re safe for sleep). There are several styles of nipples depending on what your babe prefers (and they’re coming out with several more). The owner of R&R is also an amazing woman that I’m proud to support any day of the week. And did I mention all the pretty colors they come in?! Use this link (rwrd.io/5qohdjb) to save $5 off your purchase of $12 or more!
- Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Shampoo- Both of my girls get terrible cradle cap. Until a few months ago, I had yet to find anything that helped get rid of it. I took a chance on a product I found on Amazon and the rest is history. Happy Cappy is the only shampoo that I’ve found that has completely cleared up cradle cap on my daughter. I wish I had before and after shots, it’s that amazing. Just trust me.
- Spectra S1Plus Breast Pump- This breast pump is absolutely amazing. I have been fortunate enough to be able to exclusively breastfeed both of girls and much of that is possible because of this pump. You can get it through many insurances. I had to pay a slight upcharge, but it was so worth it. I recommend the S1 over the S2 because the S1 has a rechargeable battery so you’re not stuck plugged into the wall. This pump (and all Spectras) also has closed tubing system, making it much cleaner than most pumps on the market. It was designed by lactation consultants and is considered a hospital grade pump. It allows for single or double electric pumping, 12 different suction settings, and includes a night light for those late night pump sessions. If you plan to breastfeed, this is a must!
There you have it! My top 10 baby essentials. All babies are different, so what worked for me may not work for you. I’ve linked all of the items, but this post is not sponsored.
What are some of your baby must-haves?
All my love,
**This post may contain affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Thank you for supporting Motherhood Unmastered!